Todd J. Hathaway
About Todd J. Hathaway
Todd’s practice focuses on the defense of civil lawsuits and regulatory matters, mostly on behalf of health care providers and other professionals, corporations and their insurers. He is a regular presenter at continuing education programs for attorneys, health care providers and insurance professionals. He has been a contributing editor to the Tort Law Reference: A Fifty State Compendium, since 2008. Todd lives in Epping, where he is Secretary of the Conservation Commission. Other community involvement includes Families in Transition-New Horizons, Granite United Way, and Southeast Land Trust.
- Medical Malpractice and Healthcare Liability
- Professional Liability Defense
- New Hampshire, 1996
- U.S. District Court, District of New Hampshire, 1996
B.A., College of the Holy Cross
Memberships and Affiliations
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- United States District Court, District of New Hampshire
- The Defense Research Institute
- Amoskeag Rugby Football Club, former President
- Epping Conservation Commission, Secretary
- Southeast Land Trust, Campaign Cabinet
- New England Mountain Bike Association
- Mad River Riders
- Mad River Valley Backcountry Coalition
- Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants, Manchester- 2021
- Best Lawyers in America, 2018-present, Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants, Personal
- Injury Law – Defendants
- New England Super Lawyers, 2016-present, Civil Litigation – Defense
- Martindale-Hubbell, Distinguished Peer Review Rating
- Contributing Editor, Tort Law Reference: A Fifty State Compendium, 2008-present
- University of Connecticut School of Law
- Associate Editor, International Law Journal
- Dean’s Fellow
Media & Publications
January 2020: Todd Hathaway and Abby Tucker won summary judgment for a hospital on a claim of EMTALA violation. https://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/new-hampshire/nhdce/1:2017cv00596/46923/100
November 2019: Todd Hathaway and Christopher McGown contributed the 2020 update to New Hampshire law for the Tort Law Desk Reference: A Fifty-State Compendium. https://lrus.wolterskluwer.com/store/product/tort-law-desk-reference-a-fifty-state-compendium-2020-edition/
October 2019: Todd Hathaway and Abby Tucker won dismissal of a lawsuit against an emergency medicine provider in a case alleging improper examination.
September 2018: Todd Hathaway and Abby Tucker won dismissal of a lawsuit against an emergency medicine provider in a case involving alleged improper involuntary emergency admission.
May 2018: Todd Hathaway and Chris McGown won a Defendants’ verdict after trial for health care providers in a case alleging failure to diagnose and treat breast cancer.
June 2018: Todd Hathaway and Allison Fusco won a Defendants’ verdict after trial for a health care provider in a case alleging negligent circumcision.
August 2017: Todd Hathaway and Abby Tucker won a Defendants’ verdict after trial for a hospital in a case alleging defamation by a hospital security officer.