Kathleen C. Peahl
About Kathleen C. Peahl
Kathleen represents both private and public sector employers, including counties, school districts, hospitals and healthcare providers, providing advice on a wide range of employment and personnel issues including hiring, discipline and discharge, wage and hour requirements, discrimination and wrongful discharge claims and family and medical leave requirements. She assists employers in the development of personnel policies and negotiating and drafting of employment agreements. Kathleen has represented employers in both state and federal court and before state and federal administrative agencies, including the Department of Labor, the New Hampshire Commission for Human Rights, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, New Hampshire Department of Employment Security and New Hampshire Public Employee Labor Relations Board. She successfully defended a gender discrimination case in a jury trial in the United States District Court for the District of New Hampshire and has successfully argued cases before the First Circuit Court of Appeals.
Kathleen represents public sector employers in connection with collective bargaining negotiations, grievance arbitrations and unfair labor practice charges.
Kathleen was on the Board of Directors and served as secretary of ALFA International, a global legal network, and served as Chair of ALFA Women’s Initiative Practice Group. She is currently on the Board of Directors and serves as treasurer of the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Nashua.
- Labor & Employment
- New Hampshire, 1989
- U.S. District Court, District of New Hampshire, 1989
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 2001
B.A., Boston College, magna cum laude
Memberships and Affiliations
- New Hampshire Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Greater Nashua Boys and Girls Club, member Board of Directors
- Rindge Women’s Club, member
- NH School Boards Association, past member
- Jaffrey-Rindge School Board, past member
- Town of Rindge, NH Zoning Board of Adjustment and Budget Advisory Committee, past member
- Monomonac Lake Sailing Association, past secretary
Best Lawyers in America, 2016-2023
Media & Publications
- Kathy is the author of a number of articles and recently co-authored “Glass Ceilings and Women in Leadership Roles” for the Law Journal Newsletter. http://www.lawjournalnewsletters.com/glassceiling for Part 1 and http://www.lawjournalnewsletters.com/glassceiling2 for Part 2.
- OFCCP is Broadening Its Reach, How it Will Affect You